I was really excited to visit the Fabric Godmother‘s open day and couldn’t resist buying some more ponte roma fabric to make up version 2 of New Look pattern K6023. I really didn’t need any more fabric but I absolutely loved this chevron design and knew it would work well with a teal ponte roma fabric I already had in the cupboard.
I’ve never spent this much money on fabric before but the quality of it is so good. You really do get what you pay for with fabric and it was definitely worth the extra few pounds!
The fabric is an organic cotton jersey and it’s really soft. I’m hoping it’s going to wash ok as I’m in too much of a hurry to prewash it before I make up the dress. (oops – I know – not what you’re meant to do but… fingers crossed it will be fine!)
For version 2 I used style D again
Version 1 was a bit large under the arms so I trimmed a little from the front and back pattern pieces to adjust. I made the same amendments to the pattern as Version 1, omitting the waistline tabs and additional neck band and using the combined facing pattern I had previously drafted (making sure I took this in too, to correspond with the adjustments on the front and back pattern pieces) I cut the back pieces on the fold again and I also added an extra 10cm to the hemline.
As there was such an obvious colour way in the fabric I wanted to try to pattern match. I wasn’t going to have a perfect match at the seams but I wanted to have the same colours running roughly along the same lines…
I’ve got the result I wanted with the pattern matching and I’m really happy with the finished dress!