After the success of the last ‘Get to Know Your Overlocker’ workshop I’m very excited to announce that I will be teaching another ‘Get to Know Your Overlocker’ workshop in January
Booking for this workshop is via the Fabric Godmother so click here to take you there!
Don’t leave it too late to book – there are only 5 places and I think 2 have gone aready!
So… when is it?? what will it cost?? and what will you learn???
Date: 16th January 2016
Time: 10.30am – 4pm
Location: Fabric Godmother Unit E11, Knoll Business Centre, Old Shoreham Road, Hove, Sussex BN3 7GS (There is free parking on site or the nearest train station is Portslade station)
Who is this class for?
This is the ideal workshop for those who have an overlocker but don’t know how to use it (or are too scared to get it out of the box!!). Thinking about buying an overlocker? You are also welcome to come along and learn the basics before going out and buying your own machine.
You should have some knowledge of using a sewing machine before taking this course.
This course is a beginner’s overlocking course – we will not be able to cover more advanced overlocking techniques such as the cover stitch or chain stitch settings on your machine (if it has these).
Places are limited to 5 people for this course to ensure you get the level of attention from the teacher you deserve.
You will be able to purchase a signed copy of my book on the day.
What you will learn:
- Thread, unthread and rethread your machine
- Adjust the tension dials to create a perfectly balanced stitch
- Adjust the stitch length
- Adjust the stitch width – by removing a needle and also by moving the stitch finger
- Adjust differential feed on your machine (if it has this function) and discover the effects of this
- Overlock corners and curves
- Discover simple hemming techniques, exclusive to overlocking
- Use your newly learned skills to create a snood – perfect for winter!
Also included in the course:
- Tuition from me, author of ‘The Overlocker Technique Manual’.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- Fabric to practice on
- Overlockers (if you don’t have your own)
- A day of learning, fun and more biscuits!
- 10% discount at Fabric Godmother on the day of the course
What you need to bring:
- Your overlocker, if you have one, if not, use one of ours. Don’t forget to bring the power cable and accessories (tweezers are essential)
- Selection of threads – these can be matching spools or different colours. Please bring at least 4 spools. These do not have to be the cone style threads – you can use most types of general sewing threads on your overlocker
- 70cm of lightweight jersey to make your snood and matching thread. (We have loads of jerseys here at Fabric Godmother so if you don’t have anything in your stash – you can buy fabric here on the day and make use of your 10% off discount!)
- Any overlocking projects you are currently working on that you would like some help with
- Scraps of different fabric types you want to practice with – we will provide fabric scraps if you are unable to bring any
- Fabric scissors
If you have any questions about the workshop please ask!